Saturday 5 April 2014

OMALE’S GROWING FIXATION WITH ODUAH by Yakubu Dati

OMALE’S GROWING FIXATION WITH ODUAH
Yakubu Dati

There is a sense in which people like Capt Dan Omale, a self-appointed gadfly of Nigerian Aviation do not give up, even when it is apparent they are on a wrong trajectory. Sadly, if only Omale had applied such doggedness to his business, he would have been more successful.

Omale recently wrote a barrage of wild and unfounded allegations against the leadership of the Ministry of Aviation and in particular, the ex-minister, Princess Stella Oduah. In it, Omale, an unlicensed charter aircraft operator insinuated that the latter was still ‘manipulating’ things,even after her exit. I took the trouble to write a reaction which debunked all his wild allegations in that article published in Leadership Newspaper titled ’Oduah’s Invisible Hands Still at Work in Aviation ?’.

But rather than accept the glaring facts and reality canvassed in my rejoinder, Omale has written a rejoinder to my rejoinder, in which he simply resorted to attacking my person, instead of tackling my points.

For someone who claims to be passionate about aviation, Omale spent the first three paragraphs of his so-called rejoinder attacking my person, rather than address the issues at stake, which I raised in my earlier response. He wrote:

“After his failure to pursue a meaningful political career in his home state of Plateau, he gained respite with a job in FAAN.”

This is very interesting. I am not the issue here. But suffice it to say that, by the grace of God, between 1999 and  2007, I served as elected Local Government Chairman,  Special Assistant to the Governor, Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Commissioner for Information all of Plateau State. I was also Special Adviser to the Hon Minister of State for Commerce and Industry... I can go on and on. So, the failure here is only in the befuddled mind of Omale.

Another allegation which shows the confused mind of Omale is his claim that” In just three years as the Minister of Aviation, Oduah, in search of a puppet, changed three different director-generals of the agency — unprecedented anywhere else in the world. With such a high turnover of the heads of the NCAA, instabi.

Yakubu Dati, Coordinating spokesperson, aviation parastatals writes from Lagos.

No comments: